TO: Wells Fargo
FR: Paul and Suzie Helpus
RE: 1234 Lost Value Ave. Poinciana FL 34759
First – Explain What You Want:
We are requesting that you approve us for a short sale of our loan with your Company.
- We are no longer able to make the payments and have been trying hard to sell the property.
- We love our home but due to circumstances beyond our control we are no longer able to pay for it.
- Please accept this short sale offer and relieve us of any future liability. We are requesting a “Full Waiver of Deficiency”
Second – Describe Your Hardship:
- What led to your current financial problems and caused you to miss mortgage payments?
- What caused your hardship?
- Did you lose your job?
- Did your current job require a transfer?
Be very specific. Remember you are trying to get your Lender to accept a loss. Be honest and be thorough.
Third – Describe What You Have Tried To Do To Overcome Your Hardship:
- Have you been to counseling?
- Have you been job hunting?
- Are you cutting back on your expenses?
- Have you been making mortgage payments on your credit cards?
Fourth – Briefly Outline Your Current Situation:
- You have a new job but are making less money.
- You had to move due to divorce, job, children etc…
Provide Your Contact Information
Let them know they are free to contact you if they have any questions BUT reiterate that they should contact your Broker.
Finally, sign and date the letter. All Borrowers must sign and date.